Award-winning photographer David Long will help us kick in the door on our season with a talk about Landscape photography.
Dave has lived in New England and has been doing environmental landscape photography for the last eight years. From the mountains of New Hampshire and Vermont to the seacoast locations in Maine and Massachusetts, he looks for iconic locations during the best seasons with incredible light. He also strives to have each image communicate not only what is seen, but also how the location feels.
Dave is a member of the Boston Camera Club where he organizes and leads field trips for members. He has won numerous awards including:
• 2016 Appalachian Mountain Club’s Image of the Year
• 2017 1st Place in the New England Camera Club Council’s Fall Competition
• 2017 Boston Camera Club Projected Image of the Year
• 2017 Boston Camera Club Runner-up Print Image of the Year
• 2017 St. Augustine Alligator Farm Image of the Year
Dave lives in Shrewsbury, MA and speaks at camera clubs throughout New England on landscape photography and has recently published four e-books (available on BlueHour Photo Venture’s website) for self-guided tours of New England and St. Augustine locations. See his work at www.davelongphoto.com and follow him on www.instagram.com/davidlong3653.